Jadelin's Mission Trip to the Philippines


As some of you may know, Olivianna and I have joined the Morrison swim team! One thing that makes this swim team even better is that they go on an annual mission trip to an orphanage in the Philippines!  When the coaches made an announcement about the trip, I was super excited, but because of an age rule, Olivianna will not be able to go.  When I heard that, I was not as excited to go because I don't like to go to new places without my sister.  However, with the persuasion of my parents, I decided that going would not be that bad, and I would get to do one of things I love best, working with little kids!  I really feel like going on this trip is something God really wants me to do.  Many of the friends I have made on the swim team said that they were not going, so I was worried I wouldn't know very many people that were going, but God worked that out by having one of really good friends be able to sign up for the trip.  One of the other problems I faced was that I hadn't signed up on time.  There were also a list of things I had to do before I could get my plane ticket.  With more help from my parents all the tasks at hand were able to get done, and I will be able to board the plane on October 5th.
I really feel like God has something special planned for me in the Philippines because He worked out all my worries and problems.  He has also replaced my worry with a new joy to go.  I cannot wait to go and help change the lives of the people there, like when some of the AACCC youth group went to Guatemala.  That mission trip was amazing, and changed my life, as well as the others that went. I am sure that the Philippines mission trip will be nothing short of what the Guatemalan one was. I will write about all that happened when I return.   Please remember to pray for all the people are going on the trip!!!!!!

Jadelin


Comments

  1. What an awesome opportunity! I pray for your safety and for wonderful experiences. Proud of you too, Jade!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts